Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Pneumonia at its Worst

I was all lined up to get a much dreaded and needed surgery...on my tailbone. Nothing severe, but the length of recovery was less than desirable. We had the babysitters lined up for days, meals coming, and everything was in order, except for my lungs.
They had me signed in and prepped for the surgery, when they decided they couldn't do the surgery because i had some kind of respiratory infection. They game me a breathing treatment (that did nothing) and sent me home.
My cough kept getting worse and worse as the weekend went on. By Sunday night I could hardly breath in. I went in to the urgent care and it turns out I had pneumonia. I have no idea how I got it, or why I would have it. Now I have 2 weeks of rest and heavy medication. Hopefully I can kick this in the rear and recovery quickly. I have too much in store for the holidays!
 While recovering Jaxon hardly left my side. He stayed on the bed with me any chance he got. He is just the most perfect dog!
Joe was a complete angel through all of this, even though this was not in his plans. I'm so lucky to be able to have such a wonderful husband. While he managed the children I would occasionally take care of Alex (at a distance of course).
He was such great company while I binge watched Psych. Well, hopefully a few weeks from now I will be all better and get to enjoy a beautifully quiet holiday.




No comments:

Post a Comment