Friday, March 8, 2019

A Sweet Soul

Image may contain: 1 person


This is my Grandma Collier. She was the most amazing kindred soul of mine. She built up my testimony of Christlike love. She was not a member of my church, but seemed to understand the atonement and unconditional love more than any member of my church that I had met. She ignited my faith in a marriage that could last forever. She passed away almost 2 years ago. It broke me. She was my best friend and I still hurt thinking that she is gone, but I was blessed with the most amazingly sweet moment in the hospital with my sweet Alex. 
I wasn't left alone in my hospital room much because the ability to move around on my own was nearly impossible after my c-section. There was a 15 minute gap one day when Joe was heading back to the house to switch with my mom so she could come sit with me for a while. I had the baby with me in the bed and I was taking the time to count his toes and fingers and just notice all the little nuances about this new baby of mine. At that moment he opened his eyes. They were staring right into mine. It was a strange experience, because at that moment his eyes were not the glazed over newborn eyes. It felt like my grandma's eyes were staring back at me. Mature eyes, filled with love and compassion. It was a very special and memorable blessing that I was given to help me feel my Grandma's love. I'm so glad we were able to name Alex (his middle name, Taylor) after her. I will always think of her when I look into his eyes.  She is dear to me and I can't wait to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment