His sibling just can't get enough of him. They are constantly using him as an excuse to not do what they are suppose to. Ariana will find a way to sweet talk us into letting her give him a hug and a kiss even after she has been put to bed because" he is my best friend and I love hims so much!"
He started smiling this month and almost never stops now! He loves being the center of attention and will smile at anyone who will look his way.
He is big enough (sort of) to spend a bit of time in his Bumbo. We try to keep him in his bumbo or on his stomach most of the time because he was recently diagnosed with torticollis, a shortened or tightened muscle on one side of his neck. It causes him to look to the right and tilt his head back almost 100% of the time. Putting him in his chair or on his tummy will help with his range of motion. We have seen a physical therapist and do regular stretches for him. because of this constant pressure on that side of his head he has become quite flat and lopsided. Hopefully we have caught things early enough to fix the problem and keep him out of a therapy helmet.
Ariana will not leave this poor kid alone and I love it. I hope they grow up to be best friends! Is it inconvenient at times? Of course, but it sure is sweet to watch her care for him.
We have made it out of the house a few times, but rarely without another adult. I ventured out and took all the kids to the library all on my own. Was it stressful? Yes. Did I cry? Surprisingly, no. We had a wonderful outing!
Most of the day it is just me and my baby. I'll have to admit that Ariana has watched more than her share of netflix lately, but it was better than letting her run free while I pumped and fed Alex.
What a sweet little gentleman we have. He holds my heart! Can't believe 2 months has past already. It has been a super hard adjustment, but I have found my stride and seem to be keeping us all out of a hot mess most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment