Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Happy New Year! 2019 is Here!

New years was filled with fun, food and friends. We had a few families over for fondu and games. The kids managed to last until 10:00 when we celebrated the New Year with NYC.
 The kids had a blast watching movies and holding their own game night downstairs while we played more sophisticated games upstairs. when 10 o'clock rolled around we pulled out he poppers and the bubbly!
After our friends went home and the party was cleaned up I sat down to finish what i started.
President Nelson offered an invitation to read the Book of Mormon in its entirety (underlining all references to Christ) in 86 days. I did it! (With only 30 minutes to spare 😖) It was hard and extremely rewarding. I learned a lot about myself and my savior. My main takeaway was “his hand is stretched out still” he never pulled himself away from his children even when he was being pushed away. Time and time again they rejected him and mocked him and yet he still waited with open arms to pour blessing on them if they would just have a desire to believe. I love this book and I love my Savior! I can’t wait to see what the new year brings as we study the New Testament and  focus on the life of our Savior!
A late night, too much sugar, and too much fun. A wonderful way to bring in a new year! 2019, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment