Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Church Callings

As we headed back to Charlottesville this year we were looking forward to getting back into our old church ward and getting back into our previous callings. I was a sunbeam (3 year old) Sunday school teacher and Joe was a ward missionary. We loved our callings, but our first Sunday at church we were told that we were getting new callings. I'll give you all one guess...
Yes, Joe is the Ward Music chairman and I am the ward choir director. It is way more nerve wracking than I expected it to be. Who knew that being involved in music and choirs my whole life would never prepare me to take charge of this church choir! Well, We hope we can really fulfill our callings and do them well.
At our first rehearsal AJ insisted on singing with the choir
Oh, wait, that isn't all. shortly after we got these callings they gave us another calling. Joe and I would have to write, produce, and direct the roadshow this year. This is going to be quite the challenge. Good thing Joe has great writing skills, and I have, um, patience? We'll let you know how it all turns out in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment