Saturday, August 11, 2018

Father Son Campout

Every year our ward holds a father-son campout at the end of the summer just before school starts. Our boys love it and really look forward to it every year. They packed up after dad got off work and headed out to have some wonderful fun with friends and neighbors.
 They helped set up their tent out in the grass. Laid out sleeping bags and helped prep dinner.
 They had so much fun around the campfire with their friends. They even got to stay up so late that Andy asked to go to bed.
 They spent the morning exploring around the property.
 I am so glad the boys get to spend this time together each year. It is really important for their growing relationships.
 Well, while the boys are away the girls play! We enjoyed a lovely dinner of Ariana's choosing. Corn dogs at Broulims.
 We also went to enjoys some "poppys" at the orange leaf in our frozen yogurt. Ariana was loving her special one on one time with me.
We did what all girls do when the boys are away. We played with hair and painted our nails to match!
 My sweet little girl spent the morning snuggling with me in my big empty bed. I enjoyed the company and she enjoyed the snuggles.
In the morning I let Ariana pick what we had and she picked mini donuts. I didn't complain at all.
I am excited to see where the boys get to go next year (although I will have a little boy to drag along with us on our girl date) I love this binding time that we get. Set aside all distractions and focus on our children 100%. I really should do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment