Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Dreaded Bar Exam! Dun dun dun!

So the time has come to take the ever dreaded Bar Exam. Joe has prepared so hard for this. We drove up to Missoula where he was to take the exam and booked a hotel there for 4 days. Can you believe that? 4 days! 1 day of registration and instruction and 3 days of testing. With all that testing time the little guys and I had to find somethings to keep us busy busy busy. 
Day one: We found an awesome park called Dragon Hallow. It was all made of wood and there were so many places to explore. Aj was in heaven. He was so excited to just run and run as long as he could.  
 And of course, very close by was the Carousel of Missoula. Surprisingly cheap to ride. We bought our tokens and rode to our hearts content.
 We took a lot of walks in the nice grassy areas of the university and explored a few more parks.
 To our amazement there was a Kid's Fest going on in the plaza and everything was free (well, except for the food trucks strategically parked just a foot outside of the tent boundaries.
 Aj's favorite thing was this weird "clay bot". It took a lump of clay and you picked the shape and color and then out came a clay creation just for you. Aj was amazed that this robot knew exactly what to make! (I felt so bad for the poor guy sitting inside of this rushing to get a few things made before the kids went crazy. It was almost 100 degrees out for crying out loud.)
 Aj also loved meeting the sheriff and sitting in his police car. I couldn't get him to come out.
 I loved all the free activities for the kids to do. It made it so I didn't have to come up with something to fill our afternoon. I loved watching Aj learn a few tumbling moves.
Day 2: Our second day we spent all day the Splash Montana. A small, yet super fun and not too crowded water park. Some people may have thought I was crazy trying to man 2 kids at a water park, but we had our rules and our systems that made it super super fun for all of us. Sadly, I didn't want to chance leaving my camera unattended so we just took a pic out by the car.
 Day 3: I was so worn out by day 3 that I got a little lazy in our planned activities. we headed out to the park again. Andy found the bike rack to be more amusing than the actual playground.
 We rode the carousel again...and again. I couldn't help it. It was so simple, but it made all 3 of us super happy. Ah, the simple joys of a child.
 We of course had to make an ice cream stop at least once! This was Andy's first time with his very own cone. He took great care in watching just how Aj ate his and tried to imitate him as best he could. I love watching these little guys interact. I love that they can actually play together now. I just know they will be best friends forever!
Oh, what about Joe you ask? well, his brain was officially fried when I picked him up on Thursday evening. He feels he did pretty good. Now all we have to do is wait 8 weeks for the result. I'm so proud of you sweetie for taking a giant step into our future. I know it all goes up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment