So, now comes the time when we must leave our lovely home in Virginia and start our real life in Montana. Am I excited? Yes. Am I scared? Yes. It should be exciting. I am looking forward to having my own house, but not so excited to have to start over in the whole friend department. In memory of our wonderful time here we stepped out to take one last picture by the law school.
We had so much help getting out of our house. I wish I took pictures of all the people that showed up, but honestly, we were a little busy getting other things done. We emptied and cleaned our entire house in 3 hours. We could not have done it without the countless people who showed up to get us out of town in time to attend Papa's funeral. The biggest thanks goes to Jean and Keith for arranging their schedule so they could take all our stuff out in the cattle trailer. It was going to be a slow bumpy ride for them, but they did it so we could dart across the country without delays. What a true blessing to have such wonderful in-laws. Amazingly everything fit and after some very sad goodbyes we drove off.
We had a small bag of tricks that so many people donated to. As we left we got multiple gifts from our friends to keep our boys busy. We did however have a few large tricks up our sleeve. Andy was irritated by his Hand foot and mouth disease, so he was a little more irritable than usual. After our first day AJ really started to get annoyed with Andy always sticking his feet in Aj's face. So secret weapon number one...Turn Andy around.
He was so happy to be looking out the window and seeing my face every time I turned around. So another day went by. The boys slept, read and fought a bit (that is to be expected when you are crammed in a car driving 12 hours a day)
Somehow even with the chair arms in between them Andy managed to find a way to tease AJ, so secret weapon number 2...separate them.
Aj still wasn't too happy, but at least we could diminish the amount of fighting and whining that went on in the back. Eventually we resolved to secret weapon number 3...giving AJ the Ipad and putting a movie on for Andy. This seemed to work the best in the evening between dinner and bed.
And on our last stretch we pulled out the last secret weapon! The new Quiet book that I won from our health contest this year. I know that might not sound like the greatest prize ever, but it is a project that one spends hours making and I didn't want to do it, so I let someone else do it for me!
He absolutely loved it and it kept him busy for hours! We were nearing the end (well the end of this portion of the trip) and we would be in Sandy soon. After Papa's funeral we will finish the last leg and finally be in OUR house!
No comments:
Post a Comment