Look at all those happy faces! Of course we did have a little detour that led us right to Reeds Dairy where I got to quench my all time addiction to the only true chocolate milk there is out there! The ice cream isn't too shabby either.
I don't know how happy Joe was to stop the car just 90 minutes out from our house, but I wanted to get a momentous picture of the beginning of the rest of our loves! Thanks sweetie for smiling in the picture. :)
we met our Realtor at the office, signed a few things, got the title and moved on in. All our stuff was ready for us when we got there. Again, endless thank yous to Jean and Keith for driving it all across the country for us!
Here it is! All of us at our new home. I will give you all the tour with inside pictures as soon as I get everything unpacked.
So as soon as we got to our new home we all decided to christen it by putting our toilets and new carpet to good use. The stomach flu hit us all. First Andy, then me, then Aj and finally it hit Joe just a week before he took the bar. Let's just say that the house didn't get unloaded quite as quickly as I would have liked.
I spent a lot of time on the couch for a day and just tried to keep the boys busy. You would be surprised with what you can come up with when nothing is unpacked for them! I found the dress ups, and some good ol' boxes, and of course there is always the backyard!
| nothing is better than a robot box! |
I think the hardest part about the stomach bug that went through was our lack of washer and dryer. Yes there were many stinky half washed clothes in the tub and then all carted to the laundromat as soon as I was sure it was all over. I have never been so happy to do 6 loads of laundry at once!
| The boys found ways to keep themselves busy at the cleaners. |
We worked hard, but not without a few doughnut breaks no and again...
only 3 days after we moved in we even got to have our first house guests. It was so good to see my good friend from college and her sweet little family. They were on their way down to Idaho from Canada. (pretty much the only time we are on the way to anything.) I wish you the best of luck on your upcoming move to Arizona, and know that I am super sad you are moving away from me just after we come back to the west!
So here we are. The biggest crossroad of our life so far. Pray that we will fit in and find a place in this little community.
No comments:
Post a Comment