Many of you may feel I am over exaggerating when I talk about how much Joe isn't around now that he is studying for the bar, but I am not. 10-12 hours a day is devoted to his studies. I am lucky that he makes the time to eat dinner with us every day. I cherish that 1 hour that I get to talk with another adult. So during the rest of the day and all through the week I have been slowly unpacking and finding things to get us out of the house, even if it is only for 10 minutes.
There is of course the daily Super Hero activity that my boys love to play. This particular time Andy won.
All summer long Dillon does a concert series in the park. It is every Thursday night, and the best part it is free. It is local musical groups just looking for a place to perform. The provide an activity for the kids to do while they listen. The boys had a blast and it was nice to spend some good time outside!
I have started all over again with my business advertising. It seems the best way to get the word out is to take cupcakes to a ward activity. So I made Joe's favorite, Peaches 'n Cream, and what do you know? I have a wedding booked in two weeks. I guess the church is the best network you can have! And isn't this giant counter in my kitchen the best? I love having all this space to work on my cupcakes. Not to mention a place to sit down while I am decorating!
We managed to find a car show parade to attend. It headed up the Race for a Cure. Aj kept commenting on all the "funny" and "silly" cars.
Dillon also hosts a performance of Shakespeare in the Park every summer. This years performance was "As You Like It." It was surprisingly really good. Lucky for us it was a free event on a Sunday night so that meant we got to go with JOE!!!! We packed up a picnic dinner and walked a few blocks down to the park to watch. It was a lovely night out as a family! I look forward to attending this each year.
Soon I will have my husband back and we will have a normal (slow as it may be) life. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment