Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Joe is 26!

The last few years we have really gone all out for our birthdays, but this year with everything that has been going on we decided to keep it low key and just enjoy the day together. 
There was a tradition in my family growing up. On our birthday we got to control all the meals on our special day, and knowing how much I love food I am sure you can guess how much I enjoyed that. I have decided to continue that in our own little family. You get to pick your favorite breakfast cereal that you can keep all to yourself or choose to share. You get to pick the restaurant you want to go to for lunch. Dinner is what ever combination of things you would like and you of course get to pick your type of cake. Joe jumped right on this idea.
He picked Oh's for breakfast, and yes he did share them with me. Sweet guy. 
Of course we went to Boise Fry Company for lunch. It is the only choice for Joe.
Joe picked Peaches n' Cream cupcakes...again
I dropped the cupcakes off with Joe after I took him to lunch. As soon as he got up to the reseption desk at his office he was paged back down to go to court. He passed off the box of cupcakes and told the office to have at it. When he got to court his supervisor asked what he had been doing upstairs. He mentioned the cupcakes and Marc (his supervisor) made a direct call to that intern and informed her that he had a very important job for her. She was to put a "temporary restraining order on the cupcakes to ensure that there was one for him when he got back to work." Hence the little note above the cupcakes. 
For dinner we had pulled pork and coleslaw sandwiches, Doritos, grapes, and cream soda.  An odd combination if you ask me, but hey, it isn't my birthday.
We ended the birthday celebration with a few good laughs that came from scaring the living daylights out of AJ with this little guy. Joe's newest toy. 
It wasn't anything huge or extravagant, but we had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Sweetie! We love you and hope you had a great day!

1 comment: