I am so happy to have my little boy with us, but I will admit that the recovery has been far from enjoyable. With my c section recovery with Aj I had to take it easy for a week or so, but was up on my feet running about by the end of the second week. This time, however, has been a completely different experience. I took it easy for a while and was sure that two weeks was plenty of time to get off of the strong painkillers, but I was still hurting like crazy. I found myself resenting the fact that I had a baby. I didn't want to feed the baby because it hurt. I kept loosing my patience with every little whine that came out of Aj's mouth. I hated asking Joe for help with stupid little things like getting out of bed to go to the bathroom, or washing my legs because I couldn't even bend over. What bothered me the most was depending on those in my ward to take care of my family when they had no idea who we even are. I have a hard time accepting service because I feel I can always take care of myself. This ward would have none of that. People were showing up from the first day I got here bringing meals, taking care of Aj, and even bringing baby gifts. These people didn't even know me, yet they found all this time to serve me. Wow! Needless to say I was fed up with being stuck in bed with nothing to do but watch tv.
I went in for my 2 week appointment and found out that the left side of my incision was infected along with 2 other birth related infections. My doctor didn't seem to think much of it, gave me a few different antibiotics and sent me on my way. After a few days I began to feel much better...That didn't last though.
A few days ago I called and went back into the doctor because the right side of my incision was super inflamed and pussing a lot. As soon as the doctor looked at it she knew something was terribly wrong. Se told me she would have to perform a small surgery right then. I was a little worried since I had both kids with me at my appointment. We found something to keep Aj busy and they numbed me up. They had to make a smaller incision on either side of my scar and drain all the gross stuff out. They did a culture test to be sure it wasn't any more serious than she expected. More antibiotics and bed rest. I am so done with this!
Well, I am happy to say that just 3 days later I feel like new. I can stretch out all the way, I can pick things up off the floor, I can do a little housework, and even go for short walks. I think this may be the end of it and I can get back to real life.
I do however need to take the time to thank multiple people for their help...
I need to thank Joe for being so supportive while all of this has been going on. He has been playing "Mr Mom" for four weeks now and I couldn't be more thankful. He has been giving baths, preparing meals, doing dishes, cleaning the house, washing the clothes, and taking care of Aj's every need. On top of all this he is still loving his job. I truly have the best husband in the world. Thank you Joe!
His employer also has been so understanding to let him leave early here and there or arrive late depending on my needs. Thank you US Attorneys Office!
My ward has been amazing through all of this. I felt weird enough moving in and needing help right away with AJ while Joe was out of town, and then the meals after Andy's birth, but asking for more help during this second recovery just seemed a little over the top. My visiting teachers came to the rescue. They arranged someone to take AJ every morning from 9-2 for the last 4 days and also meals to be brought to us. I am amazed at how responsive this ward has been. They have all been so willing to help a complete stranger. This is one reason I love this church so much. It doesn't matter where we go we will always be taken care of. I will never forget the example and kindness of the women in the Park Center Ward. Thank you ladies!
My last thank you is to all the family and friends who have sent your prayers and love through email, phone, text, facetime, and facebook. It was hard to be home alone stuck in bed all this time, but knowing you were all out there cheering me on really gave me strength. I love you all and couldn't be more blessed. Thank you family and friends!
Now I am feeling better and can't wait to really enjoy being a mom of two.

No comments:
Post a Comment