Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Weekend

We were headed to Utah for the weekend. I had packed our bags and then decided to take a shower before we headed out the door. I had just gotten dressed and came out to find this.
AJ was all packed up and ready to go. 
He just looked too cute in the suitcase to make him get out. 
My family loves Memorial Day. It is one of my favorite days of the year. This year the level of competition was way lower than usual. We turned it more into a fun filled softball game compared to our usual cut throat game...Secretly I prefer playing like we did this year. The first inning my team swamped the opposing team. so we decided to change the rules a little. Everyone got to bat, everyone ran the bases, and there were no strike outs. Very fun! We split the teams by sending everyone who was born on an even year to one side of the field and those born on an odd year to the other side.
Odd Team 
Even Team
Joe pitched part of the game
Even the little kiddies played. 
After the game we headed back to my parent's house for the big BBQ. I needed to do a trial run for the big wedding I was doing this week so I made an extra dozen of each set of cupcakes.
They turned out great. every single one was eaten within a few hours. 
After the BBQ I finally got to hold my new little niece, Oakley. What a sweetie. I love little tiny babies!
Some rested...
While others searched for a book to read. 
Thank Mom for such a wonderful weekend. We look forward to it every year. Can't wait for our game next year.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until next year either -- Let's have a game at the family reunion next week!

    ReplyDelete