This is another amazing tradition that we have really missed out on living out east. My mom puts on an elaborate dinner for her children every December. One of my favorite meals of the year usually (even tops Thanksgiving!) Mom was so sweet to plan it the same weekend as the concert so we could attend. It was amazing and beautiful and fun!
Every began to show up for our special dinner.
 |
| I love seeing Aj play with this. I loved playing with this nativity set. |
 |
| Aj was so excited to play out of an AJ sized piano book. |
First we have dinner. I was put in charge of napkins (which I am very proud of) and potato latkes.
After dinner we have the kiddos get dressed up to do the nativity. Aj was picked to be Joseph this year. Aj was so proud of himself. He took his Joseph role very seriously.
Andy was a shepherd...well dressed as one at least. He wasn't really sure what to do or what was going on.
 |
| Joseph and Mary, ready for their journey. |
 |
| Our sweet little angels! |
When all was said and done we took all the costumes off and enjoyed just an evening of games and chatter. I loved being back! I miss our wonderful thanksgiving and christmas back in New York with Joe's family, but this is one of many Christmas traditions that I am excited to take part in in the future.
 |
| Aj was sad he had to leave his cousins in the morning. |
 |
| The girls were begging Joe to chase them. |
No comments:
Post a Comment