Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Jenni Is Back In Town!

So now and again Jenni will join Mark on a business trip to DC so she can have a little fun away from the kiddos, but most importantly so she can see me! We have had a ball every time. This time was still fun, but very different from past experiences.
First of all this time we had kids with us. Also it was pouring rain, which made it a little difficult to participate in the free activities around DC. So instead we decided to head to the children's discovery museum. I dropped Jenni off with the kids so they wouldn't get sopping wet. I pulled out to find a place to park and miraculously found a place one block down. I parked, paid for my spot and ran as fast as I could to the museum. We had a blast! The kids loved playing with each other!
We even got a little private performance from the newest hit band, Kids with a Kause!
We decided to drop a few things off at the car before we went to get lunch...little did I know I had parked in a loading only zone. It was raining so hard I didn't even take notice. That is right my friends, this resulted in a $50 ticket! I got a little miffed, but I moved my car and paid for a new spot. Then the rain started again. We decided to go and get take out Good Stuff Eatery for lunch (my DC fav). We went back to the hotel, took naps, and then enjoyed watching the kids play together!
The boys loved seeing Jenni. She is always so fun with the kids!
Cute little Lucy!
We kept lining up the kids to try and get a photo, but it didn't always work. In the end it resulted in this game. 
After a bit of horse play we hit the pool and then went out for Thai food with Mark after he got off work. It was a bit exhausting, but we had a bunch of fun.These three had so much fun together. I can't wait till we live a bit closer so we can have fun moments like this more frequently.

(News Update: Jenni convinced me to fight my ticket. I sent in a full confession of everything I had done, and even sent in my parking stub to prove that I had no intention of parking there. 2 months later I got back a letter saying it had all been dismissed! Thank you to understanding office people and what comes from just telling the truth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment