Sunday, June 1, 2014

Farm Visit in the Summer!

It was so nice of Jean and Keith to take the kids for us while we hunted for a house. I am sure it would have been far more stressful if we had to lug two kids around the whole time. After we found our home and headed back to pick up the boys we had a week of relaxation and fun ahead of us (well I did. Joe had to study most of the time). Keith and Rebecca came down to join us as well.
Memorial Day was perfect. The weather was lovely, the family was all there, and the kids were as happy as could be to have their parents back and play with their cousin!
the good ol' traditional way to grill a chicken for Memorial Day
Grandma loved to show us all the ice cream places in town. I think my personal favorite was the first one we went to. The kids enjoyed the ice cream anyway they could.
Even after all the ice cream and goodies we still had to take a night to make s'mores outside. It was a bit hit with the little ones. Andy just preferred to stuff his face with the marshmallows.
AJ got all upset when he got messy. Is anyone surprised?
There was reading, cuddling, cooking, playing, exploring, riding (tractors, four wheeler, and wagons) and chatting. It was so fun. I will really miss coming to the farm any time I want.
Keith taught me to drive the old  tractor...let's just say I am not quite built for that sort of task.
A colt was born on Andy's birthday while the boys were there. It was really fun to go out and see it every day.
I wanted to play with my camera a bit more, and the boys were over due for their yearly photos so I put my brain to work and tried to remember everything I had learned from Potts and this is what we came up with.
AJ was first and was a piece of cake. He is so good at listening and really loves to be in front of the camera.
 Andy was a bit more of a challenge, but he is just so darn cute  that most of the pictures I got worked as long as he was holding still so it wouldn't be blurry.
On our last day we were able to head over to Aunt Mary and Uncle Jeff's place to give Aj a private tour of the airstrip and hangers. He was in heaven. Jeff was so sweet to let him get into every single plane. Aj took it all so seriously. Thank you Jeff for being so patient and sweet with him. He adores you now!
I really really love the farm and am so sad that we are moving so far away. I just pray that we can budget in a trip fairly frequently so the boys can remember and fall in love with the farm all over again each time they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment