Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cville Ladies

Hey, we graduated too! we put a lot of work and effort into allowing our husbands the time and focus they needed to succeed!
With Graduation I realized how much I have learned from all of my wonderful friends here in Charlottesville. My life truly has been changed by these wonderful women (and more who are not pictured) I am so lucky have met and loved such wonderful women here. I wish I had the time to thank every single one of you, but it would take years. We all banded together while our husbands went missing for 3 years studying their brains out. Although we may have been without husbands for a while we did however manage to find time to have a little fun with and without kids. We had play groups, and picnics fore the kids and then late at night when they were sleeping we would convince or husbands to study at home while we went out on the town. we had book clubs, movie nights, dance parties, and just late night chatting sessions. I would not have made it through law school without these wonderful women.
I had a few very close, and very important friends that I would like to write about for my record mostly. These are people I will never forget! The greatest part about it is that every single one of these woman has a little boy Aj's age and I know they will be friends forever!
Kristen Williams - What a perfect example of Christlike love. This woman was there every step of the way. She was my first good friend here in Cville and I know that we will be friends forever! She was always helping people and serving people. I don't think she ever made an excuse when I needed something. She even came over and cleaned my bathrooms and kitchen when I had morning sickness so bad that the sight of any crusty food would make me throw up. I am also so thankful for her wonderful husband who was also a perfect example of Christ. He was a wonderful friend for Joe. I was so happy that we had found a couple that we could do almost anything together with. We love you and hope you are having a blast in Colorado and can't wait to meet your sweet little baby girl!
Bailey Baird - This is the exception to having a little boy Aj's age, but that didn't matter since she was Aj's second mom. Bailey moved in  year later than we did, but I don't think I have ever gotten so close to someone so fast. She became an instant best friend. She probably babysat my kids more than anyone. She was always there to help me out with the kids and more importantly the perfect person to talk to. She would listen,but also tell you how it was without getting offensive. I needed someone like that to put my mind straight sometimes. The boys just adore her and love having a second mom. I know that seeing her later is totally in the cards since her husband is from Idaho Falls (just a 2 hour drive). They have to visit their family sometime right? 
Alyssa Hasler - This sweet woman taught me that there is a bright side to everything. She could accomplish anything with a smile on her face.It took me three years to hear any sort of complaint out of her and that is only because we were on a 10 hour road trip without our husbands. One has every right to complain then. I love this lady with all my heart. We got so close this last year and I can only pray that they will end up out west in the end. Delaware is just too far away! She was always the last one to leave my house when we had a girls night. We just loved to have someone else to talk to. Aj and James were the best of friends yet fought almost every day. I guess that is the true sign of a best friend right? 
Emily Moore - Trevor (Emily's husband) was in Joe's 1L section so they were one of the first people we met at school. Emily was working, pregnant, and lived a little out of the way so it took a while for our friendship to really take off, but as soon as she moved into the ward we were forever kindred spirits. Grayson (their son) had all of Aj's favorite toys and they loved just straight up laughing together. I don't think Aj laughed more than he did with Grayson. Emily was my fellow movie geek. Although her love wasn't as strong for Disney we bonded over many other genres and tv series. She was the best last minute, late night movie buddy in the whole world. Miss you Em, I hope your life is great in Alabama!
Linda Peterson- What an amazing woman of passion. She had a strong, yet polite view on everything. I always learned so much from her and her view points. Although we didn't always agree we could have wonderful discussions and not find offense in what the other had to say. I loved having someone to REALLY talk things through with. She is the most gentle soul I have ever met. She loves being a mom and is more than content with fulfilling only that calling in life. I loved meeting someone who aspired to be a stay at home mother like myself! I love you Linda and pray we will meet again soon. You really have changed my life in ways you don't even know. Have fun in Philly!
Faith Hammond- Where do I even begin with this one? She may only be 12 but she is the most outstanding woman I have yet to meet. She is so full of love for my children that I can't even begin to think about what kind of mother she will be. Faith was my voice student who traded lessons for babysitting. This was the single most amazing choice I ever made. First, Faith was willing to give up her time to get the lessons she wanted, which meant diligence in her practicing and performing. Second, my boys loved having a regular babysitter that would come once a week to play and read. Third, she was so helpful, she even cleaned my bathrooms and kitchen once when I was getting ready for a party. If cleaning someone else's bathrooms isn't love, than I don't know what is. She will forever be close to my heart for the passion and love she had for our family. I hope she will always stay this way because she will change the world!
I love all these women, and came to think of their kids as my own as well. I look forward to keeping up with these little stinkers and making sure that Aj stays close to them.  I hope Aj will be good friends with these little boys for the rest of forever! Thank you to their wonderful moms and the example they were to me!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, best post ever!!!! I'm SO lucky to be on your list of best friends - I don't know what I would have done without you here!! I HATE that you're gone but I know we'll be friends forever and ever!!!! Can't wait to come and visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Bailey's comments! Thank you so much for including me and for being a good friend. I wish y'all the best. I'll always think of you when I make Mac and cheese

    ReplyDelete