With my Mom's recent diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis I have been doing my best to show my support in any way possible. I am still running my cupcake business, although business has slowed a bit as I get bigger and bigger in this pregnancy, and I decided to join the Charlottesville Chapter of the MS Society to be a part of their activities and fund raising events. We joined the Spring Walk for MS. It was meant to be a 5k, but seeing as I was a bit too big to be on my feet that long I opted for the 1 mile option.
There was a fantastic turn out, people walking as individuals and on huge teams. I forget how many people know someone with MS and are trying to support them as well.
Our good friends Bailey and Scott came to walk on our team (Makin' Treble). They are unbelievable friends who are always showing the best support.We took our walk around the hospital grounds. It was a beautiful day and a very peaceful walk. Thanks to Scott I didn't have to push AJ's stroller up a massive hill. Where is Joe, you ask? He had a mandatory rehearsal to attend so he wasn't able to join us.
They even fed us little burgers for lunch. It was nice to feel like I was doing something to help, even if it was just a little. Love you Mom and I hope you felt our love and support as we did this for you.




Yes! I feel your love and support! What a blessing you are to me. Still can't believe you did this as far along as you are. Your one mile was certainly the EXTRA mile! Love you, sweetheart! Thanks for all you do!
ReplyDeletePlease give my hugs of appreciation to Bailey and Scott too!
ReplyDelete