Monday, April 1, 2013

"Doubly" Big News!!!

Emily went to see the doctor this morning about some discomfort she's been experiencing with the pregnancy. As part of the examination, her doctor did a routine sonogram, and guess what he found out?

WE'RE HAVING TWINS!

The doctor couldn't believe nobody noticed before this, but apparently baby #2 is quite a bit smaller than her big brother (that's right, her!), and she got looked over every time before now. We can't say we're completely surprised. I mean, we both have twins in our families (looking at you, David & Jenni), and Emily has obviously been bigger than normal for just one baby. So yes, it's a little bit overwhelming, but it's also an extraordinary blessing! Sure, we have to buy some extra things, and we need to plan a little more carefully about our summer and how long we plan to be in the hospital for the littler one, but...twins! How exciting!




Oh, and by the way...APRIL FOOLS!

3 comments:

  1. I KNEW it was an april fools joke - 'cause you would have told me first!!!! (But I'll have to admit that my heart stopped for a brief second.) Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! And after I commented on facebook. You get the prize for april fool's!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are naughty... i got about halfway through and my jaw was on the floor when i realized it was april fool's day!

    ReplyDelete