What is the first thing that comes to mind when i mention 80 hot dogs? PARTY!!!!
 |
| Maybe I should have thawed them first |
Aj is turning two and all he talks about is Mickey Mouse and Pirates. I decided to go with pirates for the theme this year. It was a major success.
 |
| Invites |
 |
| First Mate Big Belly Ems |
We got started on the food preparation. We were planning on 45 guests (with parents and children) attending, so there was a lot to be done. Luckily I had both my parents and Joe's parents there to help. We had...
 |
| Fish n' chips |
 |
| Rum |
 |
| Shark Bate (carved by Potts. Isn't it the coolest?) |
 |
| And "Walk the Franks" |
 |
| Oh and you can't forget, cupcakes. I will admit I was super happy with how these desert island ones turned out. |
As soon as guests would arrive they would drop off their gifts and pick up their piratey goods.
Next was adding a few little touches for fun. Make up and tatoos were jst what these little folks needed.
The party was enjoyed by all who attended. I was so glad the rain stopped so we could have this party in our humble backyard. I don't know how I would have fit all those people in our little house.
After eating all the little pirates set off on a treasure hunt. Potts made our treasure map. It is super clever. If you have been to our house you might be able to figure our what each thing represents.
 |
| Hint: the river is the driveway and the pirate ship is our car... those are just a few examples. |
 |
| At the end we found a treasure chest filled with silver and gold. |
 |
| Enjoying his pirate treasure. |
Next Joe read one of the cutest books. I personally love it. The kids were so involved in the story (probably helped that they were all munching on a little chocolate)
And to end it all we sang and had cupcakes.
It was the best party yet. Turns out I really enjoy doing this for my kids. Would I ever be able to do it for anyone else? Probably not, but my kids will have the coolest parties ever! Happy Birthday my little buccaneer. Let's see what next year brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment