If you haven't caught on by now, Kristen is my best friend out here. We spend lots of time together while our husbands are toiling away as first year law students. Well, she is having a baby very soon, so.... Party time! I offered to throw her a Baby Shower. It was simple, but very fun.
 |
| Decorations were simple. Just some onsies and some beautiful tulips from Liz's garden. |
 |
| Everyone enjoyed the food. Lots of fruit, cheese and chocolate. What else does a girl really need. |
 |
| I of course made cupcakes. They were a big hit. Chocolate Caramel Fudge with Salted Caramel frosting. |
 |
| This is when it is super nice to have a giant living room! Everyone just ate and enjoyed chatting with one another. |
 |
| We played one game, at Kristen's request. "Sweet Mess" is when you melt 10-12 different candy bars into diapers and then people have to dig through the messy diaper to guess which candy bar it is. Very gross, but super fun. If you ever do this activity, whachamacalits are the best and most realistic looking poo. |
 |
| Then Kristen opened all her super cute gifts. This might have been a bad idea...I am getting a little baby hungry after seeing all those sweet little outfits! Don't worry, that isn't an announcement of any kind. |
 |
| Kristen leaves for Idaho this morning. I will miss you the next few weeks, but I can't wait to spend all summer with you and your sweet new little boy! Travel safe, we will see you in just a few weeks. |
What? You're pregnant Emily? Haha I had to be the first one to ask even though you wrote it's not an announcement, lol. You're awesome at hosting fun parties, I love seeing you cupcakes but now I REALLY want a cupcake , lol.
ReplyDeleteIf i talk about baby shower it is perfect as the decoration is so nice and attractive.Pooh Baby Shower
ReplyDelete