Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ward Talent Show

We had our Ward Talent Show, and boy was it fun. This ward has the best turn out I have ever seen. Every ward party is just packed to the brim with people. You show up late and you can't find a seat anywhere. They had display tables cover in paintings, photos, homemade crafts and clothes. There were even a few Lego creations that were pretty amazing.
The way they did dinner was to have those with cooking talents make their best creations and we all just picked around. It was a really fun idea. Dessert was done the same way, and I of course submitted some cupcakes.
I think they may have been my best batch yet. I took 75 cupcakes, and we left  the party with 2. I think they were a pretty big hit!
 The Talent Show was so stinkin' funny. There were all sorts of acts. Juggling, stand up comedy, dancing, singing, piano, violin, and so on. My favorite act was that of three legged Jack. There was this whole song with a dance by a three legged kid. I was dying the whole time. There were probably a good 20 different acts. Joe and I had planned on performing "A Stud and a Babe." It would have been a revival from my college days. We had it all worked out and ready, when our accompanist had to leave for the weekend for an unexpected funeral. We called the man in charge of the show and told him we would have to cancel our act. He wouldn't let me! He said, "Now I know you two have some of the best talent in the ward. I am sure you can come up with something!" We had 3 hours! We put our minds to work. Then we remembered something from my family reunion... We pulled together some props and came up with this.
Giselle and her Prince Edward!
 I am sure many of you have seen Enchanted. We decided to pull out our own rendition of True Loves Kiss. I sang while Joe was my arms. I made a very ugly "prince" sock puppet who sang to me. It was a lovely duet. I was hoping to get a video, but as usual, I forgot my camera on the counter. I can't really describe it very well, but it was a huge hit. The performance was a disaster, but that is what you get for only taking a few hours to prepare. My wig came off, the stuffed animals were flying everywhere, I made up some words that I forgot, and the prince almost missed his entrance because Joe couldn't get the puppet on. Everyone was just laughing their heads off! The kids thought that the kissing part was the best. My little sunbeams all thought that kissing an old dirty sock was so yucky, but very funny. I can't really describe what all went on that night, but lets just say that Joe and I are very well known in the ward now! We had a blast!
Yes, I know I look like a transvestite. You don't have to tell me that!
I hope that someday we might be able to polish this act and perform it for a few of you. It really was a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment