Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sweethearts Day

Valentine's Day has always been a nice break from the "to-do-list" things of every day. It was Joe's year to plan our V-day activities. He informed me that he wanted me to dress up and spend all the time I want getting ready. So we found a babysitter who wasn't busy (we did our dinner the night before Valentine's. Much easier to find a babysitter) and She picked AJ up and took him to her house for the evening. Joe got to work making our dinner while I spent a good hour or so primping myself and just enjoying the time I had to spend on me and not worry about where my baby is, or if my dinner is burning. Joe made everything for dinner and it was wonderful. 
He looks so handsome in the kitchen, don't you think? My opinion is that he should do this more often. 
We had a lovely Italian dinner: spinach tortellini with alfredo sauce, garlic bread sticks,  and a salad. It was all so good! 
It was nice to have a night in, just the two of us. I will admit that we thought we heard the baby cry multiple times and we had to keep reminding ourselves that he wasn't even there. We missed him, but not so much that we didn't enjoy our evening. 
Joe's whole intention was to make it a romantic Italian night. He bought me a little "Forget-me-knot" ring that is very cute. We turned on some music, had a little dance and then sat down to watch our newest addition to our Disney collection. Lady and the Tramp. I forgot how cute that movie really is. I am so glad they bring these older ones out of the vault so that we can own them too. 
After our movie we had our dessert. It was our first try at making Creme Brulee. We didn't have a blow torch so the top wasn't as crispy brown as we had hoped, but... 
They obviously were pretty good. We enjoyed every last bite! 
Thank you Joe for such a wonderful evening. I am the luckiest wife in the world to have a husband who will cook for me! I love you and can't wait to spend the rest of eternity with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment