Saturday, July 4, 2015

Independence Day!

This year we were out close to the city so we decided to do the holiday the right way! We spent most of our afternoon crashing Mark's (my bro-in-law) family party. They had a whole water slide set up and the ribs were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
When it was closer to dusk we decided to crash Katie's (my Sis-in-law) family party at Sugar House Park for the fireworks. I can't tell you how thankful I am for location sharing on apple devices. We found where they were sitting in a pinch. We had an absolutely amazing time. The little girls wouldn't let go of uncle Joe and the boys were happy to play along or eat all the candy.
Finally it was time for Fireworks!!!! My favorite part of the whole summer. These fireworks never disappoint.
Andy wasn't sure if he liked them or not. Eventually he just fell asleep and ignored them all together. At one point David and I were talking about our favorite fireworks and Andy sat up and said, " you know which ones are my favorite?...the quiet ones!" then he just went back to ignoring them. Didn't know sarcasm was already so strong in my children!
It was a wonderful day and we were so lucky to be able to spend it with so many friends and family! We are thankful for all the men and women that give their time and lives to keep us safe and free. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment