Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving at the Farm

Nothing is more warm and cozy than the Fairbank Farm. It is one of my favorite places to just relax and love the time I have with our family. I am so lucky to have such wonderful in-laws that love me. I hear so many girls complaining about the in-laws they got stuck with, and honestly I have no complaints (except I wish we all lived closer together).
This year, because of weather we split our drive between two days. It made it so much more relaxing and enjoyable, especially for the boys. This way we were happy and rested when we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
We had a wonderful time with family and friends. The first two days were filled with cooking, and more cooking. I had so much fun helping Jean and Rebecca pull Thanksgiving Dinner together.
The turkey was given to us by a god family friend. A 24 pound bird is more than enough for 8 adults. 
Expressing disgust about the drippings separator that never seems to work right. 
A lovely spread of food and blessings. A lot of this even came from the Fairbank garden. 
I loved these little Jello parfaits that Sis Hollingshead put together for us. 
We all had more than enough to eat and ample time to enjoy each others company. It was a lovely evening. I am so glad we are able to spend Thanksgiving with them every year.
Of course we need to sport of yearly Thanksgiving pajamas. Thank you Jean for the fun PJs this year (I love that the kids got the old school bum flap sleepers).
The next day was far more relaxed, but sadly Keith and Rebecca had to leave. We said our early goodbyes and then just sat around most of the morning. That afternoon we took an adventure out in the snow. Aj's first expereince sledding....not his favorite thing.
All bundled up and ready to go.
Super deep! It all happened overnight!
My little snow angel!
Aj was sufficiently worn out each day. He took long naps and slept great at night. He loves these bunk beds!

Grandma and Grandpa always make such a great effort to keep AJ entertained. Grandpa always knows his job is to take him on the tractors, and without fail AJ would sweet talk him into doing just that, everyday!
Grandma planned a special cooking activity with AJ this year. He got to make his own gingerbread cookies. Step by step!
Rolling
Cutting
Cooking
Frosting 
Decorating 
Snitching...
And of course eating!
We of course explored the farm some more, only this time in the snow!
I think Joe reads too much Calvin and Hobbs....a little morbid if you ask me. (The poor guy on the ground has wheel tracks going straight through his gut!)
Aj loves spending lots of time in Grandma's bathroom because it is big and bright and has a lot of places to hide. This time he got a little too excited to get in the bath...
We love our time there and can't wait to return in the spring! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for such a wonderful time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment