Sunday, January 13, 2013

Disney World Comes to an End (Downtown/Epcot)

Sadly, all fun vacations must come to an end. We had to be out of our hotel by 11, but I wanted to be sure to fit in a little window shopping before we left. I decided to be the nice wife and let Joe stay behind to pack everything up so he wouldn't have to go shopping with me. I took AJ and we headed to Downtown Disney to see what they had to offer.
There were so many shops. I didn't know where to even start. I knew I wanted to find something for each of our kids so we started our search.
I love these cute little hats, but I didn't think AJ would like it enough, so we kept on looking. 
Finally after searching a while I decided on a plush Mickey for AJ (which he didn't let go of all day) and these unisex baby ears for the little one. 
 In our walk around this massive shopping area we came across the Lego shop. It was amazing. I have never been in one before and I couldn't believe all the little pieces in side. It almost looked like a candy shop with all the pieces lined up on the walls.
AJ loved seeing Woody and Buzz, and since they weren't people at all he went right up to them. 
Yes, this is all made entirely of Legos.
And this too.
After finishing with my shopping a started to look for the bus stop to take me home. I was dying of heat and thirst so I decided to fork over the 5 bucks to get a frozen lemonade... The first few sips were amazing. Then, as soon as we got on the bus and took a corner the cup flew onto the ground and spilled everywhere. It was a major sticky mess. The other 2 people on the bus were so mean about it,  but luckily the bus driver was kind. He stopped at the next pull over and made sure AJ and I were alright, grabbed a towel from his little case and mopped up what he could. I am so grateful for that sweet man. I think he made it possible to enjoy the rest of my day without dwelling on the embarrassed.
we made it back to Joe just in time to take some promised pictures of the hotel and head to lunch.
I don't think you can tell how big this is without being there. That is a four story building next to him...maybe that helps.
Our courtyard was suppose to be Andy's Room
Sadly Buzz had been white washed for a new paint job.
Our swimming pool was so fun. The giant brooms seemed to be pouring the water into the pool.
And the Sorcerer's Apprentice controlled it all. 
 My good friend, Taylor, told us that we needed to go to Beaches and Cream for lunch at one of the other resort hotels. She claimed they had the best burgers in town. We went and waited in line for an hour (longest line yet) for an open table. We were glad we waited. It was totally my kind of place.
AJ was so hungry, but so tiredd too. He nearly fell asleep eating his onion rings...that is until we ordered dessert. He was totally awake and ready to partake. 
He made sure mickey stayed hydrated
one of the waitresses was working on their signature dish behind the counter...
"The Kitchen Sink"
Scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, and mint chocolate chip served with all the toppings in the house and a whole can of whipped cream. 
 We didn't even have a chance of finishing that off so we each ordered a small Peanut Butter Sunday... Small my eye!!!
This thing was huge. We totally regretted ordering two. We hardly made a dent in it at all. 
Even with all the help we could get from AJ
With full stomachs and happy hearts we made our way to Epcot for one last afternoon of enjoyment.
AJ got a little cranky in Germany, but was happy as a king when one of the workers came out of the chocolate /caramel shop to give him a little treat.
I even got to see Mulan (yes, this line was also for me. I couldn't blame all of them on AJ)
After a wonderful scenic Monorail ride we called it a day and headed east to our hotel for the night. 
AJ clearly had the time of his life.
We stayed on the eastern shore of Florida that night so we could make it to church in the morning and then head over to meet Joe's side of the family. Joe hadn't seen anyone on his mom's side for about 13 years or so. We decided it was about time that they met his wife and kid(s). We had a blast. It was so kind of them to all gather together for a little lunch and make the time to meet with us. Thank you Cindy and Betsy for putting it all together. I can't wait until the next time we come down to Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment