Hollywood here we come!
Hollywood Studios was where we spent our day. The first
thing that happened as we entered the gate was I was “discovered” by an
American Idol scout and asked to audition for the show. We strolled on over and
I sang a short bit of Lady Be Good and was asked to move onto the next round.
My only problem was I needed to sing a pop song off of a specific list…I only
knew maybe 2 that I felt comfortable singing. I picked Reflections from Mulan.
They gave me an Ipod and 10 minutes to learn the song.
I then sang for the producer. He was a little worried that I
didn’t know any songs on the list, but was still impressed enough to ask me to
move on to the live show where I would perform for the visitors of Hollywood
Studios.
![]() |
| Getting my instructions |
They gave me an hour to sight see then I would meet with a
vocal couch, get my hair and make up done and move on to the stage for my
debut. We needed to eat before we went back so we went out to find an all american meal.
Aj spent most of his lunch singing his heart out.
We still had time for a ride so we went on the movies through the times ride. It was just a little history time line, but it was really fun to see how movies and theater have improved through time.
We were a little late, but made it back to the American Idol stage. We saw the producer sitting outside and he sadly informed us that they were experiencing technical difficulties and wouldn't be able to fit me in until 2 or so...sadly that was right in the middle of AJ's nap, so we said thank you and walked away with 6 fast passes.
Went home, took a nap, and made it back just in time for the Pixar parade! I was super excited. I love Pixar characters. It was a super fun parade and AJ loved seeing Woody and Buzz at the end.
We were so excited about the characters from the parade that we headed right over to the Toy Story ride and used our first two fast passes. It was a 3D shooting game. As you can imagine, Joe won, but I was pretty close behind.
![]() |
| AJ liked the glasses |
We still had a little time before dinner so we stopped into the character spot and I got to see my second favorite character of all (Tink is an obvious first).
![]() |
| AJ was watching Mickey Mouse on the other side of the glass and wanted to go say hi to him. |
| He was so excited to see my shirt and glad that I was a "Super" too! |
Dinner was fun, but the food wasn't as impressive as we have had in the last few days. We ate at the Sci-Fi Drive In Diner. We ate in cars and watched a bunch of old 50's sci-fi movie trailers.
After watching a short Jedi training session Joe had to get his picture with the AT-AT Walker.
The rest of our evening was spent waiting and then watching the Fantasmic show. It was so fun! I love seeing all the characters they squish into one show.
![]() |
| I really thought he would fall asleep, but as soon as Mickey stepped out on stage he was totally involved in the show. |
| Even from the back row AJ managed to point out Mickey every time he was on the stage. |
We really enjoyed our day and might have to go back again later this week. We will have to decide later.















No comments:
Post a Comment