Thursday, January 3, 2013

AJ's room

Here is my long promised picture tour of AJ's room. I spent a lot of time on it, and I am so happy with how it turned out. I never knew I could be so crafty. It is all done, minus the bed skirt...I'm working on it now.
Joe's Grandma was quite the traveler, and when Grandpa passed away last year the family went through all their old stuff and split up all the goods. We were so lucky to get, first, AJ's entire bedroom set, and secondly, all of Grandma's safari animals from all her trips to Africa. This was my inspiration for the room. I then set out to find a bedspread. After a few months of shopping around I found this.
I wanted to keep the fun of the bright colors and animal silhouettes so I put my creative juices to work and came up with these fun ideas.
Animal magnet board. I had an old magnet board from college that I adapted and found these cute animal wood cut outs and added magnets. 
I set to work and painted left over frames from high school and college.
Picked a few fun animals and painted silhouettes. 
This was one of my favorites. 
Made a mod podge monogram.
These are just a few really cool wooden animals we got from Grandma. 
A few more animals
I made curtain holders from AJ's sheet set packaging. 
Scored all these stickers on one sheet at the dollar store.
There you have it. A finished product with many hours put into it. I love it and will be sad when we have to move and change it in another few years.
AJ loves his big bed and all the animals in his room. He spends most of his time in there pointing out every animal he can find and then continues to make each animal sound as well. If you get a chance ask him what a hippo or camel says...those are my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment