I love Christmas. I love that it is an entire month of exciting seasonal fun. My mom sent our Christmas package a little early so AJ could actually enjoy the gift before it was put away with all the other decorations. I was a little confused until he opened it.
 |
| He loved setting it up and taking it down at least 4 times a day. |
 |
| I guess the animals had somewhere better to be. |
We had so many activities to fit into our schedule and although it can get a little stressful, it was always fun to be with our friends. I have had baby showers galore to attend and with one look at this picture I am sure you can tell why.
 |
| This isn't even all of them in the ward. That was just the few that happened to be there that night. our due dates range from early January to the middle of June...guess we have to wait and see how many more jump on the wagon before the end of the semester. |
AJ and I have a lot of fun while Joe is in school. One day we got locked out of the house and before anyone could come help we spent our time on a nature walk. AJ found the bottom side of our holly bush and was just content to sit there. I think he was tired of walking and just wanted some lunch. :)
We had a chance to go into DC again for the holiday decorations. I love seeing all the lights and the best part is that we have somewhere wonderful to stay (thank you Mumfords) and we always get to see Santa for free!
 |
| AJ insisted on waving to baby Jesus as we walked by. |
 |
| AJ loved santa from a distance, but didn't have much interest in getting too close. He did get to spend a few minutes telling Santa about the "choo choos" that go around his workshop. |
 |
| Back at the Mumford's John showed AJ how to play the didgeridoo. |
AJ danced his little heart out with Grandpa John, well that is until he got distracted by Travis' guitar.
I found the perfect little outfit for Christmas Sunday for AJ. All it was missing was little bow tie, so I decided to make one myself. It isn't perfect, but it isn't too bad for making up the pattern and learning to tie it from a You-tube video.


I know you shouldn't brag about service, but I was so happy that I could help out a little old couple outside of the grocery store. I had just finished my shopping when AJ saw a puppy in the window of the car next to us. I tried to pull him away and put him in his car seat,but he kept resisting and wanted to say hi to the puppy, so I took him out and put his face near the window so he could say hello to the puppy. As we peaked in the window I noticed an old man and his wife in the car who were trying to get it started. They were arguing about whether or not to call AAA. I knocked on the window and asked if I could help. They said it was highly unlikely unless I had a pair of jumper cables and knew how to use them... It just so happened that I did. I got them all set up and ready to go. It felt good to give free service to someone in need this holiday season. I am also grateful for AJ and his ability to be in tune with the spirit and help me take 10 minutes out of my day to look at the puppy in the window.

No comments:
Post a Comment