Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas was so much fun! I love having a little kid to watch. I mean, I get excited over simple things at Christmas too, but having a little guy gives me an excuse to act as excited as I feel. It all started with our stocking tradition. We have been informed by Santa that he will be leaving our stockings outside our door so he doesn't wake us up, so early in the morning...
AJ loved his new books
...until he found his new toy car. That beta almost everything out the rest of the day. 
We all enjoyed our loot. Thank you Santa!
Santa continues to keep the tradition of lego sets for boys over the age of 4
Joe enjoyed his little fire vehicle.  I think he put it together in record time!
After all the stockings were unloaded it was time to go down stairs to see what we had gotten for Christmas. I sent Joe down to light the fire and plug in the lights.  
 AJ was so excited to find our gift from Santa, but yes...that is the fire alarm you hear. Joe forgot to open the flue. :)
The rest of the morning was spent relaxing and opening gifts very slowly. AJ was in no rush to get more toys. He was happy with the first few he opened. His favorites include:
His puzzles from Grandma and Grandpa
A raceway with cars from his cousins
An ABC factory (yes he almost can sing the whole song now)
And of course one must not forget his Star Wars ABC Book from Daddy. 
After a fun morning, Joe made us breakfast and we spent the rest of the day in pajamas doing everything from playing MarioKart, watching Brave, and doodling around on my new sewing machine from Joe's parents. I can't wait to get going on some fun projects for AJ and the baby.
Although our morning was wonderful the rest of the afternoon wasn't so pleasant. AJ was acting a bit clingy and Joe began to complain about his stomach feeling a little weird. I sent them both to the couch to relax and I did a little cleaning up.
AJ slept while Joe read his afternoon away
Soon I hear Joe yelling for me to come help. AJ had thrown up all over him and the couch. It smelled terrible, and with my wonderful morning sickness and sensitive sense of smell my stomach also started to turn. We finally got it all cleaned up and found out that 4 kids out of the church nursery on Sunday all had the stomach flu. Joe was substituting in nursery that day... needless to say we caught the bug.The rest of our say was spend nursing the sick back to health and trying to rearrange our travel plans so that we didn't take our stomach bug with us.
Well, other than the small mishap we had a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait for next year when we will have two little ones to surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment