Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

I love food, and I love my friends, so we put them together for a fantastic Christmas Eve. Earlier this year we had asked our friend Kristen Williams to paint a picture that portrayed a Old Testament scripture.
Psalms 148: 3-5
Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
Let them praise the name of the Lord: for he commanded, and they were created. 

I think it is lovely and has really captures the beautiful meaning behind the scripture. We were so excited to get it just in time to display it for Christmas. Thank you Kristen for putting in all the long hours and being in touch with the spirit as you painted. 
 We even had a Charlottesville Christmas Miracle because it actually snowed...not much, but it still counts.
 We knew that a few of our friends decided to stick around for the holidays as well so we pulled together and created a wonderful Christmas Feast to enjoy together.
The stress got to me.
I made ham and rolls and everyone else each brought a dish or two. It was wonderful.
Ironically each family that was there had a little boy around AJ's age and each of us are expecting in the near future as well. I guess they keep the babies comin' out here. 
We enjoyed long "grown up" conversations as the kids played on the floor. 
Ky was even nice enough to share his roll with AJ. What a sweetie.
 Thank you to everyone who came and helped us enjoy our lovely evening. After everyone left (and the mess left with them!) we did a small clean up and then set to our own Christmas traditions. We read Luke 2 and then The Night Before Christmas. As soon as we got upstairs to put AJ down Joe couldn't keep from reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Soon AJ was all snuggled away with no idea what was about to happen in the morning. We opened our Christmas Eve gifts (Joe got Mario Kart Wii and I got a lovely nerdy pregnancy shirt that I adore) We set out our stockings for Santa and retired early to bed ourselves. Can't wait to see what Christmas brings this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment