Sunday, May 27, 2018

Memorial Day

We love our family tradition of Softball and BBQ at Gammie and Potts' house for Memorial Day. This year was even better because we got to spend the entire weekend there! Joe got to fly off to Rhode Island to support Keith in his big graduation from Brown University with his PHD. Way to go Keith! We are so proud of you!
I picked Joe up late Sunday evening so he could be here to enjoy the amazing family festivities here too! We woke up, helped mom get everything ready and the headed off to the baseball field. I opted out of playing this year. I was a little too worried that i might be confused for the ball. Haha. The kids enjoyed their private kids game before the big event. Both the boys were so proud of themselves for hitting a pitched ball and running all the way around the bases.
Joe ended up on the losing team this year, which isn't a first, but it was a pretty close game. I always forget how many over competitive people there are in my family. But it seems to only come out once a year...
Losing team
Winning Team
 Yea, I am aware that i was in both photos...haha. I just wanted to see if anyone there would notice. We headed back to Mom's house for a BBQ and dip in the pool. I was in charge of helping with the Root Beer. The kids were mesmerized by the dry ice smoke.
Nothing better than a day with family. We love you all and are so happy to be a part of this amazing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment