Saturday, July 15, 2017

Lucy Week

I always love the time of summer when Jenni goes to Mountain Strings to instruct because that means I get to keep watch over my sweet nieces. This time Sadie decided to stay up at camp so I only got Lucy, but I enjoyed the time I got. One of the perks to keeping this sweet girl is getting to do her hair every day. I love getting to be creative.
 Lucy got to share a room with the boys because we didn't want to sent her all the way down stairs. We enjoyed our night time routine of calling mark (for Lucy to give a daily report) and scriptures, prayers, and story time.
 While Lucy was here we managed to pull out his first tooth. He was nervous, but it was stuck sideways and he couldn't' bite his dinner. I just tried to twist it back, but managed to pull it out. He was excited to get the prize the tooth fairy left him.
 OUr favorite day was spent at the pool. We swam, played at the park, enjoyed some slushies and even convinced Joe to meet us for a picnic!
Our new splash pad is proving to be very successful!
 We managed to venture out to the zoo. It was so so fun. The kids were so entertaining to watch. I even help it together with their wild hair requests. Haha. Remind me not to do a 5 inch mohawk on Aj again.
the giant tortoises were the favorite this time around. we whipped around the loop a few times to revisit them. 
We couldn't let cow appreciation day go by without a quick trip to Chick-fil-a. We got our free meals and went on home to eat it all. I was so grateful for Abbie's help. I couldn't have managed without her!
 We spent a good share of our days outside and look forward to a summer week with Lucy next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment