Saturday, July 23, 2016

More and More Kids!

Well, After watching Dexter for 3 weeks, Addie for 1 week I was able to arrive home to a quiet house for 12 hours before our next guests showed up. This time it was my wonderful sister Jenni, from Seattle. Every year she teaches at a music camp in Island Park, ID and this year with us being so close I offered to handle her kids while she taught at and attended the camp. It was crazy with 5 kids but we had an amazing time! We did absolutely everything...I even ventured out and we left the house...a few times.
 We spent a lot of time at the park and splash pad. It was an easy way to wear out the kids and help them entertain themselves, however it was anything but relaxing for me. I frequently found myself panicking because I couldn't; see all 5 of them at once. We still had fun, as long as I knew where everyone was!
 We took some time for me to appreciate having girls in the house. Every morning I got to do their hair. I loved coming up with new ways to do things.
Here are just a few!
We did nails!! one of the big highlights for me. It was so fun to have some one on one time with each of these sweet girls! Can't wait for Ari and I to have these experiences together too!
 Most of our time was spent in our very own yard. Water fights, picnics, fire pit, soccer, basketball and more! One of my personal favorite moments was having cereal out on the porch for dinner one night. Who needs spoons when you are eating outside!
 We also got to get involved in our neighborhood a little bit more. There is a fun neighbor who puts on a summer movie series in their back yard. This was the big kick off for the summer. Inside Out! It wasn't just a movie though. Everyone came early and enjoyed a potluck dinner and yard games galore.
They even had a huge candy cannon! The kids thought this was amazing. Mind blowing in fact!
 You can't visit me in Idaho Falls without a trip to reeds dairy. PLus this mama of five needed a little bit of a sugar boost to recover from our day out!
 Time was passed by playing music and having impromptu dance parties. Nothing is better than watching all the kids play together. We are so lucky to have so many cousins close to the age of my kids.

One day our fire had gone out, the kids were fighting, it was too hot to go outside and I couldnt' handle one more tattling child so I pulled out an old favorite...Oooobleck. corn starch and water can bring a lot of joy (and mess) into one's kitchen.
We also ventured out and made our very own wheat bread. That was quite a chore, but we made it through and enjoyed bread for days!
One night we decided to camp out in our backyard. We made mummy dogs and s'mores. laughed and danced in the tent. Stayed up late. Best of all they all chickened out at 10:30PM when Joe and I were ready to go to bed so we pulled all the sleeping bags and pillows inside and put the kiddos to bed in the living room.
When the week was over (too soon) we headed out to Island park to listen to Payton perform and to return Jenni's children. I am hoping that in the near future Aj will get to attend the kids camp and I will continue to get to tend Jenni's kids while she teaches.
So fun to be together!
My little Stud
We loved having everyone here. Island park was beautiful and we can't wait until we get to do this again next year!
A sweet little thank you gift from Jenni. She spoils us!

No comments:

Post a Comment