We always love our time at the family farm in upstate New York. This time, because of Joe's recovery we were able to spend over 3 weeks with family at the farm. Christmas was a little different this year traveling and all, but we sure loved our time with family.
Almost as soon as we got there we dashed off to see the new Star Wars with Keith and Rebecca, while Grandma was kind enough to be on kid duty. It was a much needed date night (although i think my pregnant body would have prefered to do it a little earlier in the evening)
Over the next few days before Christmas we spent our fair share of time outside playing on the farm. tractors, sleds, chickens, cows, the whole shabang!
 |
| the 4-wheeler is always a big hit |
 |
| can't be Christmas without a ginger bread house |
One of my favorite things was picking out the Christmas tree. I rarely had a real one growing up and so I wanted to Aj on this special errand with me to pick out the perfect tree.
I think we found it. After it was all set up and trimmed I loved just sitting out in the greenhouse at night while it was lit.
 |
| Looks pretty close to a story book picture if you ask me. |
We even got to hold our own little Bethlehem night with the family and a few neighbors. The food was amazing, and although the acted nativity wasn't perfect it was something to love and remember.
 |
| Aj took his role as Joseph very seriously |
 |
| Joe made a pretty nice sheep's behind |
It was a beautiful way to prepare for Christmas. We are so happy to be so close to such wonderful family this year for the holiday. I loved it all. Christmas morning will be an exciting one!
No comments:
Post a Comment