No, I'm not in High School again, but I did get a first hand glimpse into HS life once more. I work with some amazing youth in my area. I have gotten really close to a few and love the time I get to spend with them. I guess living in a house full of boys (the dog included) it is nice to have a girl fix now and again and just spend some good quality time in the bathroom talking and laughing about silly things. So, I did hair and makeup for a few of them.
 |
| Alison |
 |
| Shelby |
I love love loved doing their hair! One of these sweet girls has been without a mother for a while and her dad came and thanked me for taking on that role in such a crucial time in her life as she prepares for college. I love them all. I do.
Later that night they had something called The Grand March where all the upperclassmen get recognized and walk down the center of the gym. It is mainly for parents, but they all begged me to come. I rolled off the couch at 10:30 half asleep (because we all know that mom's brain shuts off at 8pm) and drove down the road to the high school. They all looked so beautiful! I loved seeing them all!
I am so proud of these girls and look forward to seeing where they go as they move into the next phase of their lives. I hope I have made a positive influence on their lives and testimonies in the short amount of time I have been able to love and work with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment