So, I may be crazy for trying this so early, but we ran out of diapers so I decided to make it work...or so I thought.
Our first day it took him a few hours to catch on, but then he did great...until he took his nap, then he seemed to forget how to do it. So all afternoon we worked on getting it back into his head again. I got really creative with ideas to keep him in the kitchen so I wouldn't have to clean my carpet.
 |
| Table fort. |
 |
| Yes, that is a chair barricade to keep him in. |
 |
| Movie time with the worlds smallest tv (ipad mini) |
The next day Andy would explode every time I asked him if he needed to go potty. He would scream and trow a fit and then pee his pants. I had enough and decided he was too young to do this, my only problem was I still didn't have any diapers. I was such a mess that I had to kneel down and ask Heavenly Father to help me not get so angry at him, just then, in the middle of my prayer the doorbell rang. It was fed ex with a giant box of Sam's club diapers I had ordered a while back. Answer to prayers? I think so.
The next morning I was ready to just go back to normal, but when I tried to put his diaper on him in the morning he freaked out and just kept yelling "UNDERPANTS!!!! JELLY BEANS!!!" (our potty treat) so we tried again, and this time we did great.
 |
| Keeping him busy while I make dinner |
 |
| Cute little bottoms! |
 |
| I love his little legs and bottom now that he doesn't have a diaper. |
So after a few days we decided to venture out for the first time. We like to take hikes on Saturdays and now that it is warming up we decided to go up the mountain to one of AJ's favorite places. We did great for about an hour, but then Andy wet his pants and we had to go back to the car to get the extra clothes. Aj wasn't quite finished yet, so he played on the mountain with Dad while Andy adn I stayed in the car.
Overall, it wasn't a terrible experience and now I don't have to change diapers!!! First time in 4 years. This is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment