Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day



Meet Sadie! This is my Great Grandma Collier. What a spitfire she was. She came over form Ireland to be in the Americas for better opportunities. So being of Irish decent I take my St. Patrick's Day pretty seriously. I don't think I have ever missed a chance to pinch someone who isn't wearing green. That being said, I forgot to warn Aj about the mischief that the leprechauns can cause on this day. The day started out a little emotional when Aj came to breakfast and found green eggs...
It took a lot of bribing to get him to eat them
Aj went to preschool and came back much more excited about the whole "little green men" so when he wasn't watching they peed in our toilet, turned our milk green, and walked all over his preschool art.
 Andy is doing well with the potty training, and to prove he was in the holiday spirit he too covered himself with green with one of his potty treats.
 Being in our own home, with a real kitchen I decided to venture out and make my own corned beef and irish soda bread. They were both super simple and really tasty. Looks like we'll be keeping this Irish tradition in the future!
 So, on to another year with the luck o' the Irish on our side!

No comments:

Post a Comment