This trip couldn't come sson enough. after law school, moving, bar prep, bar exam, new job, and new callings we really needed a change to get out together. Joe knows me all too well. This trip more than one bucket list point. We left thursday, midday, to get to Gammie and Potts' house early enough to drop of the kids before our red eye flight. We put them right to bed, had a little snack and headed to the airport. Our flight was delayed and hour because of our incoming plane had left from the northeast (which if you recall was in the middle of a giant snowpocalypse.) Needless to say, I was tired and grumpy before we even got on the plane, so we scoped out the second dinner options and found that even in an airport McDonalds is still the only place open after midnight. We snagged a few burgers and headed back to our terminal...a further delay. We finally boarded our plane around 1:30. This old lady is not used to pulling all nighters anymore! We had a whole plane filled with giggly teenager cheerleaders on their way to a competition. that didn't help much with the "quiet plane" I was hoping for, but we managed. Luckily we were the only ones who had an empty seat next to us, so I got to stretch out and fall asleep.
.JPG) |
| Our excitement when we realized we had an empty seat next to us! |
Once we arrived in Florida we got our rental car and headed to a place called Keke's for breakfast. Keith and Rebecca had found this cute little cafe and sent joe some money to pay for my birthday breakfast. I enjoyed an amazing eggs benedict and Joe had some great pina colada french toast. Very thoughtful and fun guys. Thank you!
After we were sufficiently stuffed we headed to our boat...or should I say floating city, the Disney Dream! Our first view of our ship was crazy! I couldn't believe something that floated on water could be that big.
.JPG) |
| That little tiny clock is on the Disney 6 story building...give you any idea as to how big this thing is? |
It was so cool to board the ship. They would announce each family as they came aboard, like we were entering a royal ball. "please welcome aboard, on their first Disney cruise, the Fairbank Family" followed by endless applause from the crew that was lined up to great everyone. Truly magical, already!
.JPG) |
| On the main deck balcony |
We headed up to the top deck for lunch and then called Gammie to say good bye to the little ones. Turns out they were already having the time of their lives. Audrey brought Addie and they all went to the Dinosaur Museum in Provo.
.JPG) |
| How cute are they? |
After that they enjoyed a Wendy's picnic at the park across from our old place in Provo. I guess they don't mind that we are gone!
We had an early boarding time so we were able to catch a quick nap before the ship shoved off. We soon joined everyone on the pool deck for a shove off party.
.JPG) |
| Yes, that is right. Captain Mickey was our party starter. I loved it! |
.JPG) |
| Our first picture on the moving Boat as it pulled out of port. Here we go! |
Bucket list #1 - Disney cruise. The fog horn on the boat played multiple disney melodies each time it sounded. I loved it. We would share a little giggle each time they played a new melody. As the boat pulled away we enjoyed our first of many ice cream cones in the 18+ area. nice and quiet time on a fun little love seat facing the ocean.
Joe had made us a special reservation at a fancy restaurant to truly celebrate my birthday. I spent some time primping while Joe explored the boat.
.JPG)
We walked up to the restaurant, a little queasy, but I figured it would pass as I got used to the motion of the boat. as soon as they brought out the bread I had to rush out. Let's just say, a storm + big waves + a big boat + fancy food = a truly embarrassing moment in my life. The staff was very sweet and helped all they could, but lets just say I spent the rest of the evening in my room. I sent Joe off to our regular dinner assignment so he would still have something to eat. He came back with ginger ale and crackers for me. The sweet head waiter wanted to be certain I had something to fill my stomach. At about 10 pm the boat rumbled a bunch and then no movement at all. I could have sworn we had stopped, but as it turns out, we had turned and had smoother sailing from then on out. I felt much better, ordered room service, and was determined to enjoy the rest of the trip.
Early the next morning we had arrived in Nassau, Bahamas.
.JPG) |
| View of Atlantis (the mega casino) |
We came out of breakfast and were greeted by the royal trumpet. They announce the princess were arriving.
I literally cried a tiny bit. I just saw the most beautiful girls come down the steps to meet all the beaming tiny princesses waiting in line to see them. I sat a watched as they interacted a bit with each kid. We decided to see a few different characters that morning instead.
.JPG) |
| Of course Tink had to be our first stop. |
.JPG) |
| This one was for the boys. Although they might be boys they still love Anna and Elsa as much as the next kid! |
We didn't have any planned activities for the day so we decided to just head out on foot and find our own adventures. It was amazing weather. We ended up taking about a 3 mile walk to the beach. I enjoyed every minute of doing nothing!
As we came back we got a good look at the front of our ship.
When we boarded we heard the announcer come over the intercom in a hearty pirate voice informing us that the Pirate Party was about to commence....WHAT!!!! I was so excited. Disney cruise-obsession number one, pirates- obsession number two. Nothing is better than adding my two childish obsessions together. We got back to our room and there were Pirate Mickey bandanas for each of us.
.JPG) |
| I think we make pretty awesome pirates |
.JPG) |
| Beautiful sunset as we left Nassau. |
We got to enjoy a pirate show on the pool deck and then headed to the Animators Palate for our dinner assignment. we had A-mazing food. I couldn't believe how good everything was on this boat! I had veal chop and Joe enjoyed a filet mignon. When we were getting ready to leave we were stopped by our waiter (and 12 other waiters) as they greeted me with a special dessert and sang happy birthday. Sooooo fun to be a kid again!
.JPG) |
| it was delicious! |
The main pirate show was amazing. Special effects, great actors, and a bunch of fun... oh and don't forget the fireworks! firework. on a boat. in the middle of the ocean. Can't say I ever imagined I would ever see that! Fireworks- obsession number 3.
After the show the entire pool deck was turned into a mega family dance party! I loved how all the music was clean, most of the people were modest and not totally drunk. Disney cruises rock!
The midnight buffet was pirate themed and also deliceous. Joe enjoyed a whole turkey leg. what could be better for a pirate party?!?!
.JPG) |
| one of the lovely food carvings |
Meanwhile back in Utah...
.JPG) |
| When gammie was all fed up... jk. they usually spend their time in there all on their own. |
.JPG) |
| Load it up Potts. Keep it coming! |
.JPG) |
| now that's going a little far, don't you think? |
.JPG) |
| Don't forget this odd couple! |
After a completely exhausting night we woke up in paradise. Seriously! We had docked at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island.
Bucket list item #2 - parasailing. that is right! joe took me parasailing. He was alittle afraid at first, but then we got up in the air and it was peacful and beautiful. The water was so clear. The weather was perfect. Our captain even dipped our feet in the water and then pulled us back up. I absolutely loved it.
.JPG) |
| getting all of our instructions |
.JPG) |
| just notice the sheer happiness on my face! |
The rest of the day was spent relaxing on the beach, renting bikes, and exploring the island.
Sadly we had to board our ship one last time. Joe had moved our dinner reservation to that night so we could give it another shot. Let's just say i felt much better than the first night. It was fun, tasty and perfect!
.JPG) |
| All gussied up |
.JPG) |
| At Palo. |
.JPG) |
| my amazingly beautiful and equally yummy birthday surprise. |
.JPG) |
| Can't miss a port hole photo op! |
.JPG) |
| Let's try this one more time. :) |
.JPG) |
| at our Disney Believe Performance. It was spectacular. who knew all the Disney magic could be transferred to a boat? I felt amazing and happy the whole time! |
We lived up our last night, woke up early to get early release from the boat and then started to head to ontario to fly home...or so I thought... Nope! we were headed to Disney World to continue the Disney vacation. This birthday just keeps on giving!
So the whole reason Joe took me to Disney World was so that I could have lunch at my favorite restaurant of all time. The food is good, the people are nice, and the view is amazing. My favorite place to eat is the Be Our Guest Restaurant at Beast's Castle in the park.
We enjoyed a few great rides. The lines weren't' completely terrible. I mean there were still a bunch of cheer teams there which made for a bit of extra traffic, but we managed.
.JPG) |
| Space Mountain |
After a good 6 hours it began to
rain pour down like crazy. We were completely soaked just walking from one ride to the next. We decided to call it a day.
We didn't have to be at the airport for a few hours so we stopped for some a yummy thai food fix (which we don't have in Dillon). We had fun, our trip was amazing but we missed our kids and they missed us! home bound we go!
.JPG) |
| He misses us |
So as it goes, 30 year olds can still have fun and party like there is no tomorrow! Thank you Joe, it was absolutely perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment