Monday, September 30, 2013

Home again. Home again. Jiggity Jig.

So now we have had a few weeks at home and are loving being back in our house with our stuff. The boys have acclimated just fine and things are really starting to settle in. I am back into my cupcake business after a long maternity break, and Joe is working for a law firm here in Charlottesville along with his full class schedule. I don't seem to see him much but he is really enjoying himself. we have playgroups, book clubs, music class, and all others sorts of social things to keep us busy. Here are a few highlights.
Game night for the adults sometimes means bath time and sleepovers for the kids. 
Andy loves his bumbo
AJ loves to spend as much time as he can with Andy. I get warm fuzzies in my heart every time I see Andy light up when AJ talks to him.
Andy is in his room in his crib now.
AJ finished his first chapter book and loved it. He still asks to read the big book every night. 
Sometimes Andy will keep Joe company while he does his homework.
We attend a weekly music class for AJ and his friends. He loves it!
AJ has taken interest in cooking with me...yes he is almost always in his underwear. This saves on laundry when cooking with messy things. (making mac 'n cheese)
Making bread and pizza dough
"helping" with the cupcakes
The weather has been great so we spend a lot of time outside, just the three of us. 
I have found that I really enjoy Charlottesville more than I care to admit. I love my friends, the weather has been lovely, the church is strong, I'm close to family, and I am just straight up happy. Maybe staying out east wouldn't be a terrible thing if this is where we happen to get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment