Saturday, September 14, 2013

Oh Shenandoah....

Our friends invited us to join them on a weekend get away camping in the Shenandoah Park. I was so excited. I hadn't had my camping fix this year and I was dying to spend a little time outside. We packed up right after Joe's class and headed 20 miles out to a lovely campground in the national park.
We set up camp. we lost our rain fly last year and so had to improvise...we had no idea the tarp we borrowed was so big. 
 The boys had a blast running around. We just wish we had been a little more prepared for the cold cold wind. AJ didn't seem to mind too much.
This kid (Grayson) is slightly obsessed with Andy. He doesn't seem to do anything else when he is around. 
Super Dad, holding all 3 boys.
He loved playing with the flash light
 In the morning we all woke up and got started on a fire and breakfast. I made my favorite camping meal: Gooey Rolls. They were so good, the only problem was that it was so clod that as soon as you pulled it out of the dutch oven the butterscotch would harden into chewy candy.
AJ helped (watched) Daddy make kindling for the fire.
Grayson and AJ all snuggled up in their blanket. Every time the smoke came near them AJ would yell "I have fire in my eyes!!!"

Andy loved all the time outside. I think he had the best time out of all of us. I mean who wouldn't enjoy a cool brisk morning if you were wrapped in 3 blankets and being cuddled all morning long.
 When I found out we were camping I knew the boys needed some warmer pajamas. I couldn't help but buy a matching set. AJ picked them out and couldn't wait to wear them.
 We had a great night, no one woke up screaming, and everyone was in a great mood in the morning. We just didn't want to leave our nice warm cuddly sleeping bag.
This is how Andy stayed warm all night
AJ managed to find his pockets for the first time. Now he thinks it is the greatest thing ever! His hands were so much warmed after we showed him this!
Our spoon after dishing up breakfast...too hard to even bite off. We lost a lot of delicious goo that morning. 
Camping was a huge success and AJ keeps asking to do it again. Next time we will be better prepared with coats and such and we will do more than just one night. We all had a blast. Thank you Moore family for inviting us to join your family fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment