Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our Sweet Baby Boy

5:00 AM I wake up, get dressed, and walk out the door with Joe. It is a clam morning, everyone else is still asleep and we are on our way to the hospital. It was such a different experience from having AJ. I felt like it was just a routine check up and I would be coming back home just as big as I left. They checked us in. 
An hour later I was prepped for surgery. They sent Joe out so they could give me my spinal, and then began cutting away. I asked in a quite voice where Joe was. They had forgotten to get him. Someone ran out and grabbed him just as they were making the incision. 
This was Joe's view before they came and got him. 
It was a little surreal. I was having a very normal conversation with the nurses about travel and food (of course). Soon enough I hear the doctor tell me that I would feel a lot of pressure around my lower chest. Boy was she not kidding. It was weird because I didn't feel any pain, but the pressure was almost unbearable. Only a few short minutes after that I heard our little Andy cry. It was so beautiful to be able to see and touch him right away. With AJ he was rushed off to the NICU so fast I hardly got a glimpse of him. Andy was right there and I loved every second I had with him before they took him away to clean him and check his vitals. 
I'm sure you can tell I was a little emotional. Isn't he so tiny?
Joe went with Andy to watch him be washed and weighed while they stitched me up. It was so fast. Almost felt like I didn't even have my baby. No fuss. There he was. Kinda weird.
8 lbs 1 oz
20 1/2 inches long
Healthy and perfect in every way. 
 While all of this was going on my parents were kind enough to watch AJ for us. They showed up as soon as we hit the recovery room so AJ could meet his new little brother.
At first AJ was more excited about the slide outside our window than he was about the baby. 
Thank you Gammie and Potts for coming and helping so much!
Aj was so sweet the whole time... unless there was soda or ice cream in the room.  With that he could care less about Andy.
We are a happy family!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful new baby!! I'm so glad Joe made it back in time and that everything went well. Enjoy this fun time!

    ReplyDelete