Friday, May 24, 2013

Our Stay At the Hospital

We had quite the stay at the hospital. After a c section you usually stay 3-4 full days for recovery and observation. This time I was released after 2 days. I was determined to get out of there. The food was completely tasteless, except for the milkshakes, the beds were uncomfortable, and I hated being poked and prodded at all hours of the night. I did however love my nurses. They were happy, sweet, and wonderful.
While we were there they carefully watched my recovery and Andy's progressions. Sadly Andy had to have a little surgery to clip the underside of his tongue, just like AJ. It helped with feedings and overall behavior. We filled our time with eating, relaxing and mostly sleeping.
Crossing our fingers for his hearing test. He passed in both ears. 
Aj came to visit on multiple occasions. Each time he was more and more interested in what the baby was doing, what the baby was eating, why the baby was sleeping, and why he couldn't crawl all over Mommy. There are a lot of changes coming his way.
Overall he is just very sweet and tender. 
Andy did however lose too much weight before we left. He went from 8-1 to 7-2 in 2 days. They almost didn't let us come home, but I promised I would supplement my feedings if they would just let us go. His Bilirubin count was also higher than they would like, but soon after the tests we were discharged and on our way home.
Aj wanted to help carry him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment