Saturday, June 9, 2012

GG's House

My Grandma is such a wonderful woman. She has a darling little yellow house in Bellevue, ID near Sun Valley. It is one of my favotire places to go. It always smells like cookies, and it is the best place to relax outside.
Every year for Mother's Day her kids donate money to get her flowers for her garden. It has been a yearly tradition for our family to go out and plant them for her. This year I was the only one available, but I didn't mind. I love living this close to Grandma. Joe and I packed up the car and headed out for our little overnight trip.
The weather wasn't looking too promising, but we really wanted to get it done. So as soon as we woke up and finished our breakfast we set to work.
Before (front yard)
 There was a lot of moss to pull out and plenty of weeds. It took me a good 4 hours to finish weeding.
Before (side yard)
Grandma prepared a greta lunch and it was nice to get a break. As soon as lunch was over we set back to work.
AJ helped me plant 
Joe mowed the lawn and edged near the house. 
 As soon as I got to the side yard it got super windy and then...it started to SNOW!!! can you believe it? Snow in July! I was determined to finish.
Planting in the snow.  
Very wet helpers
 The snow finally stopped, luckly it didn't stick and it didn't freeze the flowers. Here is the final product.
 after (side yard) 
After (front yard)
We warmed up with hot cocoa and spent some time inside with GG (great grandma) before we left. We found out that her house is magical. I guess multiple kids have learned to walk here and AJ was one of them. He had taken a few steps here and there, but this is when he became way more consistent.
We loved our time with you Grandma!!!! Thank you for letting us come stay with you and thank you for letting me get my gardening bug out.

No comments:

Post a Comment