Saturday, June 16, 2012

Boise Week 2

What a fun week we had! Now that I have my baby seat on my bike we ride everywhere! To the park, the library, to meet Joe at work, and just for fun.
AJ loves to feel the wind on his face. 
AJ's helmet makes him look like an alien. 
Once while riding in the evening we came across a secret park that is only accessible through the bike path.We decided to stop and play for a little while.  
AJ loves it when Daddy has time to come play with us. 
We have a lot of free time on our hands here in boise so instead of staying in all day we frequently explore all the parks around here. I packed up a picnic lunch and headed to a well remembered park from my childhood. Katherine Albertsons Park. All growing up I thought this was my mom's park. Her name is Kathryn and she always shopped at Albertsons. What else was a 7 year old suppose to think?
We found a nice grassy spot and settled in for our picnic. 
AJ enjoyed a nutella sandwich. 
Soon Joe met us for a stroll around the park.
We found tons of geese. They started to chase us. I guess they could smell the bread from our lunch. 
We live very close to a lake, and while AJ and I were on one of our many walks we found these little guys just outside our back door. They have a little next just on the shore of our lake.
A mommy duck and 7 little ducklings. 
We go out to feed them frequently. AJ loves to sit and listen to their little noises.
They love to line up on this little stick to clean themselves off without having to get out of the water. 
We are so lucky to be living close to family again. My cousin Savanna has been so great to have around. We have really enjoyed getting to know each other again since college. We hadn't been out for a while so we asked Savanna to babysit for us. We had dinner with her and then headed out for the ultimate man date!
Joe took me shooting! can you believe it? I have been waiting to shoot a gun for so long. It is something on my bucket list that I can now mark off. I wasn't too good, but I did hit the target a fair amount of times.
Look at the damage I did to this poor guy.
After shooting we went to see Snow White and the Huntsman. There at the theater we ran into this guy. He was really happy to see us!
 We had a community pool party for all the people in our complex. It was surprisingly fun. There was a huge BBQ with tons of food, raffle tickets, and games. We really have enjoyed living here. The management is wonderful, the people are great, and best of all I feel safe outside after dark...not so much as to roam around, but I'm not afraid to take the garbage out. 
The management got dunked.
We played in the Kiddie Pool after eating a wonderful hamburger lunch.
Played in the big pool
And then took a small rest in the sun.
Here are a few short video clips of our little guy and his funny little antics. He often reads to himself, loves to feed the ducks, splashes up a storm in the bath, and loves to imitate everyone!
 Our darling friends Kristen and Steven Williams finally had their little baby. Meet Isaac Steven Williams. He is a sweet little boy who looks so much like his daddy. I know that these two will be wonderful parents. They have been perfect second parents to AJ and he seems to prefer Steven to anyone else. We are so happy for you guys! good luck!
 We got to go meet them in the hospital. I held Isaac while AJ watched. He was so nice to Isaac. He kept saying "soft" as he gently rubbed Isaac's head. Do you think these little ones know? We didn't have to say anything to AJ. He just seemed to know that this was a new spirit that needed to be treated gently. I can't wait for them to become best friends!!!!

We have so many fun adventures here and we can't wait to have more!

No comments:

Post a Comment