Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring time!

I know that back in the fall I said that there was nothing to compare with the beautiful colors in nature, well, I might have to take that back. Spring here is just as breath taking. I have never seen so many beautiful blossoms in spring.
This is my favorite tree. The salmon colored blossoms are so beautiful.

We just pulled up to the gym and this bird landed on a branch just a few feet above us. AJ seemed excited to hear the bird singing. He sat and watched him until the bird flew away. 
I am amazed at the beauty around me. Every day I see new blossoms and new colors. Spring is my favorite season. It helps remind each of us of the miracle of the resurrection and the blessing on the creation. Every year at this time I find myself singing a much loved primary song...
Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face, or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose, or walk by a lilac tree, 
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me. 

He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart. I thank him reverently.
For all his creations of which I'm a part. Yes I know Heavenly Father loves me. 

I am so thankful for the beauty around me. Enjoy the creations around you. Take a moment out of your busy day and look around you and think of how amazing the creation really is. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love the greenery and the many flowers! I bet it smells amazing where you are! Spring hasn't quite hit Wyoming yet, sadly, but I'm excited for when it does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Emily.... beautiful pictures of my favorite time of the year! grey hair and all!

    ReplyDelete