Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patrick's Day

We didn't do too much along the lines of festivity, but I did manage to wake up and make green pancakes for breakfast.
Nothing beats green sour dough pancakes. 
AJ loved them! He ate about 3 pancakes worth throughout the day.
See, he sucked them up!
We also had a little addition to our family today. For those of you who know my past, this is an ironic addition. I am teaching the sunbeam (3 year old) Sunday school and our lesson tomorrow is about the part of the creation where God created animals for the water. I figured, if I was suppose to teach these kids to be thankful for fish, than I needed to be thankful myself. So, to serve as a prop for class and to enhance my appreciation of fish...
Meet Darby O'Gill (yes, he is named after Darby O'Gill and the Little People). We thought an Irish name would be fitting since he joined our family on St. Patrick's Day.
I hope the kids like him in our class, and hopefully we will enjoy having a little pet for a few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment