Monday, October 24, 2016

Donuts Galore!

Every year I throw my Spud-nut Spooktacular. This year, we ran into a few bumps in the road but we still managed to throw a great party.
First off, my kitchen is way too small for this kind of entertaining. I had no where to put my 200 donuts. I got the dough all ready to roll out and realized I had no idea where my donut cutter was. I searched frantically. I was so stressed and worried that all this dough would go to waste and I wouldn't have anything for the party. The kids were being so loud and I kept pushing them away so that i could focus on finding the cutter. finally AJ yelled at the top of his lungs, so I would finally pay attention. "YOU HAVEN'T PRAYED ABOUT IT!!!!!" I immediately stopped and turned to give him a hug and thanked him for reminding me to turn to prayer when things get lost. I said a prayer with him and then within 3 minutes I found the cutter and set to work. Aj skipped around the house singing" I saved the party! I saved the party!" I feel terrible that it took my son to remind me to turn to the Lord and that it took him yelling at me since I wouldn't even give him a chance to talk to me.
After that our only mishap was timing and blowing a circuit while trying to cook them all. But we made it through and had a blast. I was so surprised at how many of my wonderful new neighbors came to support us and eat yummy food!
 Our babysitter is also a harry potter crazy, so she dressed up to match the boys!
 And here they are!!


No comments:

Post a Comment