Sunday, October 2, 2016

General Conference

We managed to make it down to Utah two weekends in a row. Joe had his mission reunion in Ogden the night before Conference started. We decided it would be pretty cool to go this time so he could thank his mission president for all the encouragement during his mission while he battled with his hearing loss. Joe anted to tell Brother cook that his implant had changed everything, and while reflecting back on his mission he had recalled something his mission president had told him...his hearing would be healed eventually by both faith and science! Say what!?! that is exactly what happened. Now you can see why we needed to attend to thank President Cook for his wise words.
Conference is always a joy. We spent some time with each part of our family that weekend and enjoyed the words of the prophets. Conference is always so enlightening to both my mind and spirit. I always feel rejuvenated when we finish. I like knowing what I am doing right, and am always open to suggestions on how we can improve our home and selves.
 The kids can't sit still through the whole thing, but they always seem to intently listen when the prophet speaks. I love watching their testimony of a prophet grow with each passing conference.
 I loved all the extra time we had with family. It totally wore out the boys. I know I have so many sleeping pictures of them, but it is always so sweet when they sleep together and snuggle up like they never fight.
Ariana got to spend some good face to face time with her closest cousin Clark. They enjoyed rolling on the ground together and sucking on eachothers hands and accessories. I look forward to seeing how these two grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment