Saturday, August 27, 2016

2017 Camping Edition!

We almost always find a way to go camping at least once a year. This year we almost ran out of time. We went the very last weekend before school started. We didn't have time to go very far since Joe had to work so we decided to hit up the Rigby reservoir and enjoy a nice quiet weekend...with all the millions of Bees that decided to be out that weekend too! I guess that is the problem with camping somewhere new. We still found ways to avoid them...like making our pb and honey in the car instead of on the table.
snacks were enjoyed by all
 I attempted to go early and set up camp all by myself, but with the children and the wind, it didn't work so well. I finally just decided to feed the kids and wait for Joe it finish setting it all up.
Aj wanted some peace from his nagging brother.
 We spent so much time just relaxing and enjoying each others company. A much needed break from electronics.
I think Ariana had a pretty fancy set up in her very own wagon/bed.
 One of my all time favorite camping activities is coloring outside. So calming and relaxing.
 We had a few impromptu performances from this one! I guess he is learning from aj...
 We were camping right on the edge of the resivour, so we naturally too a walk to the dock and took a dip. it was pretty cold, but we did it!
 After a quick fire pit dinner we headed home to get ready for Sunday, but not before we squoze in one more s'more roast.
andy may or may not have pumped the water right onto his face just before this...
I love spending time with my family and I can't wait until our extended family reunion next year when we get to spend a whole week doing this at mount rushmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment